Aged 24 or over and thinking
about further education?
KEITS Courses & Apprenticeships
KEITS provide expert support to assess
your staff within your workplace,
allowing employers to observe and
take part in the assessments.
24+ Advanced Learning Loans
If you’re 24 and older, you can now
apply for a new Advanced Learning
Loan to help with the cost of your
course at KEITS.
If you’re starting a course on or after 1 August 2013 you may qualify for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan. Most learners aged 24 and over, studying at Level 3, Level 4, Advanced Apprenticeships and Higher Apprenticeships will qualify for these new loans from the UK government. It’s easy to apply, your household income isn’t taken into account and there’s no credit check. You won’t have to pay anything back until your income is over £21,000 a year.
- From 2013/14, 24+ Advanced Learning Loans will be available for learners:
- aged 24 and over
- studying at level 3 or above, including QCF Certificates, Diplomas, Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships.
- Learners can apply for a loan to meet the tuition costs of their course, which will be paid directly to their college or training organisation on their behalf.
- The loans will not be means tested and will not be subject to credit checks. To be eligible the learner must meet the required criteria.
- A learner is entitled to a loan up to the maximum amount of public funding available for a course or up to the level of fee charged by the college or training organisation (whatever is the lowest).
- For Apprenticeship frameworks, the maximum loan amount will take into account the assumed contribution of 50% made by the employer.
- The minimum loan amount is £300.
- The loan application will cover the duration of the course.
- A learner can access up to four loans, each for a different type of course or at a different level. Only one can be taken at a time.
- Loan repayments will only start when the individual has left their course, and is earning more than £21,000 a year.
- Any outstanding balance on a loan will be written off after 30 years.
- There will be a mechanism for voluntary repayments, which can be made to Student Finance England.
Am I eligible for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan?
To be eligible for one of these loans you must:
- be aged 24 or over at the start of your course;
- be undertaking as eligible course at an approved college or training organisation in England;
- be living in the UK on the first day of your course;
- have been living in the UK for 3 years before starting your course;
- be a UK national of have 'settled status'.
How's the loan paid?
Student Finance England will pay your agreed loan to the college or training organisation once they've confirmed your attendance on the course.
How many loans can I get?
Once you've completed your course, you'll be eligible to apply for more 24+ Advanced Learning Loans (up to a total of four loans).