Duties will include but not limited to;
- Assisting the Grooming Salon team with handling, bathing and grooming of dogs
- Maintaining cleanliness and health and safety of the entire store
- Booking of grooming appointments
- Serving in the store
- Becoming extremely knowledgeable on all merchandise stocked within the boutique include dog food
- Assisting customers’ purchases accordingly
- Excelling in customer service.
We provide excellent support and encourage personal growth.
- Good customer service and listening skills.
- Passion for animal welfare is a MUST.
- Have a positive, motivated and enthusiastic attitude at all times, with a good eye for detail and be well-presented, reliable and punctual.
- Applicants must not already hold a level 2 of above in Dog Grooming.
- As a company we are great advocates of continued training for all our staff and look to promote from within. The natural progression for our successful Apprentices is to move on to becoming an Assistant Groomer and then a Grooming Stylist.
Things to consider
- Whilst a job working all days with dogs to an animal lover can sound ideal, the reality is that not all dogs are cute nor friendly. Animal welfare is paramount and no excuses or reasons will ever be accepted for mistreatment or neglectful behaviour toward any animal. If you feel your patience will be stretched by interacting with nervous and/or unfriendly dogs then this position is not for you.
- Grooming dogs is a physical job where you will spend hours on your feet, often get wet from bathing dogs and be covered in dog hair daily. Applicants should be certain that this would not be an issue for them.