A typical day involves:
- We organise the day over a cup of coffee
- Turn out
- Muck out
- Bring in
- We then exercise the horses and groom
- After lunch we finish the exercising
- Tack clean
- Turn out the night horses
- Evening stables are done by 5 pm
- Hay up
Apprentices will be a part of the team and will carry out all yard duties.
- Applicants will need to have basic stable and riding skills from previous experience with horses and show this on application
- Good communication skills
- A team player
- A real love for horses
- Reliable and trustworthy
- GCSEs or equivalent in maths and English at grade C/4/Level 2 are desired but not essential
- Applicants must not already hold a level 2 or higher in Horse Care
Future full employment as a fully trained groom for the right candidate.
Things to consider
KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates