Yard duties will include:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging/long rein
- Attending shows/events
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, hard-working team. Within the role, the successful candidate will be working towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Horse Care, with the possibility of further training and employment available for the right candidate.
- Must be able to work alone at times and as part of a team
- Applicants must have some experience of handling horses and show this on application
- Applicants must be confident to ride fit and fast horses.
- Good communication
- Team player
- GCSEs or equivalent in maths and English are desired
- Applicants MUST NOT already hold a level 2 or higher in horse care
- Yard groom
- Yard Manager
- Event Rider
Things to consider
- Great training offered.
- Travel and attending top competitions.
- Lovely liveries and advances horses
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
- Full training to be provided by the employer and KEITS at the place of employment.
- The applicant will be working towards and gain a Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship
- The learner will be allocated an industry specific training consultant who will provide both remote and on site visits throughout the apprenticeship.
- To Apply click Apply for this Role and for our top tips on how to fill out your application form click here