As well as being paid a lot more than the recommended figure there is 20 days paid holiday a year which you can take whenever you want. If you already live in South or West London you may not want to ‘live in’ but if you do need somewhere there is a lovely staff house very nearby which is provided at a subsidised rent.
The job is varied and the possibilities are endless. It doesn’t matter too much if you cannot ride well, we will teach you, however some horse handling experience is essential.
A few of the daily duties:
- Mucking out
- Tacking up
- Turning out / bringing in
- Excising ponies
- Some horse handling experience must be shown at application
- You must be prepared for physical work in all weather
- A happy smiley disposition is vital
- You should also be hard working, reliable, enthusiastic and get on with all sorts of people
- Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent is desired but not essential
- Applicants must not already hold a level 2 or higher in horse care
- Progression onto a senior equine groom apprenticeship for the right applicant
Things to consider
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
- There is no live in accommodation so applicants will need to be able to travel to and from the yard for work.