- Undertake all routine and specialised grounds maintenance, focusing on best practice.
- Maintain tools responsibly, including cleaning, oiling and sharpening as directed.
- Accept responsibility and work collaboratively to achieve results.
- Communicate effectively, keep managers informed, and listen and ask questions to ensure understanding
- Be efficient and organised, working to company systems e.g. timesheets, work controls tick sheets, rotas
- Be reliable in your attendance at work and to follow company rules and procedures if absent from work for any reason
Create a positive impression with our customers and work to exceed their expectations, presenting a polite and responsible attitude at all times.
- Focus on promoting the company wherever possible and feedback potential leads from sites and local press.
- Dealing with the public in a respectful and efficient manner, answering questions relating to the site, noting and reporting any complaints to your supervisor.
- Represent the company respectfully by wearing the correct corporate clothing, ensuring vehicles and machinery are professionally presented and that sites are kept clean and tidy.
Health and Safety
Ensure that works carried out complies and focuses on the idverde Health & Safety and Environmental Policy.
- Ensure integrity when reporting accidents, near misses and hazards.
- Work areas to be assessed with integrity to ensure potential hazards are removed or adequate control measures are in place to implement a safer working environment.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn responsibly for each task being undertaken.
- Work to risk assessments and COSHH assessments.
Discuss and review your work and job specification and display innovation by planning changes and improvements as appropriate.
- Be suitably trained for all work tasks undertaken and taking training opportunities where relevant.
- Demonstrate innovation by identifying opportunities and suggest alternative and more effective ways of carrying out tasks.
- Experience of working in the landscape/maintenance industry would be advantageous although full training would be provided.
- Professional attitude.
- To be innovative and self-motivated.
- Must be a team player and be respectful of other operatives within the team.
- Must work responsibly
- English and maths GCSE or equivalent desired but not essential at Grade 9-4/A*-C
- The successful candidate must not already hold the Level 2 or higher in Horticulture
Gardener, team leader, Head Gardener, Supervisor, Manager positions with the training programme to develop specific skills and leadership qualities.
Things to consider
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise