We are recruiting for an apprentice kennel hand.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Cleaning kennels and cat chalets to a high standard
- Changing cat and dog bedding
- Providing water and food to the animals in your care
- Poo picking
- Bathing and brushing dogs and cats
- Dealing with clients when required
- Previous experience with dogs required. Details to be shown on application
- Calm in difficult situations
- Any experience with handling difficult dogs and cats would be an advantage
- Good customer service skills and can work as a team
- GCSE grade 5/C+ or above in English and maths, or equivalent desired but not required
- Applicant must not already hold a level 2 or higher in animal care
- Progression onto level 3 or full time employment if opportunity should arise.