Yard duties will include:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging/long reining
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, hardworking team within a family run riding school. Within the role, the successful candidate will be working towards a Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship and may in time progress to a Level 3 Senior Groom Apprenticeship.
- Previous experience with horses is essential and must be shown on the application
- GCSEs or equivalent in maths and English are desirable, but not essential
- Possible progression to a Level 3 Senior Groom.
Things to consider
- Opportunity to take BHS exams if desired.
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
- For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates