The successful candidate will not only be involved in every day stable management, but also the producing and exercising of elite competition horses.
Some duties will include but not be limited to:
- Feeding and turning in/out of horses
- Stable management and maintenance
- Grooming and show preparation
- Exercising, including hacking & schooling
Due to the level of horses at this yard, if applicants do not already hold a level 2 in equine care they will need to show a extensive prior knowledge and experience with horses in their application to be considered.
- Previous qualification at level 2 in equine care or extensive experience working with horses is essential to this role and examples will need to be given in your application
- Customer service skills are desired with good communication
- Reliable with good time management skills
- The applicant needs to work well within a team but also use their own initiative
- A keen interest in a high standard or work is essential along with produsing high quality competition horses.
- Applicants must not already hold a level 3 or higher in a horse care related qualification to be eligible and considered for this apprenticeship
- GCSEs, or equivalent, in maths and English are desirable
- Future full time employment at Tunstall will be available for the right candidate.
Things to consider
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- The apprentice will be working to build a portfolio of evidence and will be required to pass a knowledge test and an End Point Assessment (EPA) to complete the apprenticeship.