Why should I do an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a training course that enables you to learn career specific skills and knowledge whilst gaining valuable experience to set you on the right path for your chosen career. Did you know that 1 in 5 business executives started out as apprentices? That means they worked hard but are now really reaping the rewards! You’re in good company.
But why do one?
- It’s a real job, you are an employee with all employee rights
- You will be paid a minimum of the current apprenticeship wage, so earning whilst you learn with no lost days to college
- After an apprenticeship 90% of people stay in employment so if you want, you could have a career ready for you.
- Apprenticeships are not just for school leavers, there is no age limit. They are also perfect for people looking for a career change.
- If you don’t have GCSE’s already, that’s fine! A lot of apprenticeships allow you to gain your functional skills whilst on programme!
- Those completing a higher apprenticeship could see increased earnings of an estimated £150,000 over their lifetime.
- 92% of apprentices feel their apprenticeship had a positive impact on their career, whatever they go in to. What a good starting point!
There’s so many more reasons why an apprenticeship is a brilliant career move. Head over to our learners tab to find out more and start your search.