Useful Information & FAQs
Here are some more facts you may need, along with our frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you are looking for, do not hesitate to contact our team
- Provide a contract of employment and itemised payslips.
- Pay a minimum of the apprenticeship wage according to learners’ age.
- Support and train your Apprentice(s).
- Allow work time for off the job training (20%).
- Provide a safe work environment for Apprentice(s) to work in.
No! All training is delivered in situ within your business and our staff will be flexible to your needs.
Yes. As is the case of all employees aged over 16, all apprentices must still pay tax and national insurance on their income.
All employers are required to hold a current certificate of Employers Liability Insurance. KEITS strongly suggests that employers review The HSE website which is an excellent resource accessible to employers when considering employing an apprentice or young person.
You will need to provide KEITS with a completed vacancy form to be uploaded onto our website, social media and the government recruitment site, all of which are FREE OF CHARGE.
Yes, we have lots of courses available to upskill current staff from apprenticeships to CPD courses!
- Apprenticeships – Minimum age 16, no maximum!
- Traineeships – 16 to 24 years
- Level 1 qualifications are also available for 14-16 year olds
- Adult Education Budget – 19+
- Advanced Learner loans – 19+