Useful Information & FAQs
Here are some more facts you may need, along with our frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you are looking for, do not hesitate to contact our team
- Provide a contract of employment and itemised payslips.
- Pay a minimum of the apprenticeship wage according to learners’ age.
- Support and train your Apprentice(s).
- Allow work time for off the job training (20%).
- Provide a safe work environment for Apprentice(s) to work in.
- For more information about supporting young people in the workplace, click here
No! All training is delivered in situ within your business and our staff will be flexible to your needs.
Yes. As is the case of all employees aged over 16, all apprentices must still pay tax and national insurance on their income.
The apprenticeship will finish with an End Point Assessment (EPA) assessed by an Independent End Point Assessor (IEPA). EPA is sector specific and may involve practical assessments, written tests, professional discussions and review of evidence. It is to evidence that your learner has all the relevant industry skills and knowledge to be able to pass the apprenticeship. Click here to view our EPA information poster.
All employers are required to hold a current certificate of Employers Liability Insurance. KEITS strongly suggests that employers review The HSE website which is an excellent resource accessible to employers when considering employing an apprentice or young person.
You will need to provide KEITS with a completed vacancy form to be uploaded onto our website, social media and the government recruitment site, all of which are FREE OF CHARGE.
Yes, we have lots of courses available to upskill current staff from apprenticeships to CPD courses!
- Apprenticeships – Minimum age 16, no maximum!
- Traineeships – 16 to 24 years
- Level 1 qualifications are also available for 14-16 year olds
- Adult Education Budget – 19+
- Advanced Learner loans – 19+
- Throughout each apprenticeship, both you and your learner(s) are supported with IAG (information, advice & guidance) on many topics. One regular way is by our EDI (equality diversity and inclusion) newsletter which comes monthly to learners to discuss.
- For more information about how KEITS have partnered with Peninsula (the UK’s largest employment law and health and safety consultancy) to give advice and support to our employers click here.
You can view your apprentice’s progress and portfolios on Smart Assessor. If you need assistance with this, you can contact your KEITS Training Consultant.