Welcome to Part 4 of our School Leaver Series.
Today we look at how do you become an apprentice.
Firstly, you need to find a vacancy that is perfect for you, this can be done in a few ways.
You can use a general search engine by inputting keywords such as; ‘apprenticeship in equine’ then look at the results.
Here are a few other ways to search for an apprenticeship:
- As you are are here the best to start on our vacancies page, where you can see all of our current vacancies. You can filter by area and sector, and if there’s something you like the look of, click the ‘apply now’ button which will take you through to the application process on the government site. This is the ONLY way we accept applications as we cannot accept CV’s and covering letters. However, if you already have these, they’ll help you fill out the online application.
- If KEITS don’t have anything suitable for you, the find an apprenticeship service will let you look at what other training providers may have on offer at that moment in time.
- You can also use general job sites such as Indeed or Total Jobs and use your keywords to help you search.
- If you’re already adding to your CV by completing work experience in your chosen sector, why not discuss with the employer if they are willing to take you on as an apprentice! There are many benefits for employers, including incentives, so one of our business development team would be happy to explain more to them.
- You can also contact any local businesses you may like to work for and see if they can offer an apprenticeship. You could also send us a list of local businesses near you and we will happily approach them and see if an apprenticeship is something they can offer, it must be in a sector we cover.
So what are you waiting for, happy searching!
Once you have applied for your perfect role, keep an eye on your emails, including junk and watch out for any unrecognised numbers calling. It could be a potential employer.
Look our for Part 5 next week.