Did you know that it is important to ensure that all members of staff receive ongoing training, not just for the employee to benefit, but also the business.
Benefits of training staff:
The main reason to train your staff is to promote the development and capabilities of the individual within their role, this will in turn benefit the efficiency of the team and have a positive impact on the business.
- Happier Staff – Staff will feel a sense of achievement and that the business really cares about them as a person leading to them feeling happier.
- Improved skills and knowledge – by training the will fell more confident in their role and overall do a better job.
- Opportunity for growth in the business – by learning new skills there may be opportunity to take on higher responsibilities
- Higher earning potential – With greater skills and knowledge comes the opportunity to earn more money.
- Increase in productivity – with staff who are well trained there will likely be an increase in productivity as the staff are more skilled at their role which may also mean less supervision is required.
- Better workplace morale – When staff are better trained, they feel more confident in their job roles, and this will lead to a happier workforce and better teamwork.
- Improved employee retention rates – When staff feel valued, they often stay with companies longer term.
- Reduction in recruitment costs – as stated above trained staff tend to stay with businesses which means less expense on trying to recruit staff.
Types of training:
There are many different options for training your staff. From Continual Professional Development days to long term courses over several years. It is important for both business and employee to sit down and determine the best option for each individual and the business.
- Apprenticeships of various levels
- Industry specific courses
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Short courses
- Distance Learning courses
If you are thinking of discovering the benefits of upskilling and training your staff, contact our team to find out more here.
To browse our courses to see what might be suitable for your employees and business, click here.