The nights are drawing in and due to the nature of land-based businesses sometimes it can mean being in isolated locations with low lighting.
So, we thought it might be helpful to offer some tips on how to stay safe in the darker hours.
- Ideally, where you can, stay in a group and avoid being separated. If you must go anywhere on your own let someone know where you are going and how long you will be, including checking in when you arrive or return so people know you are safe.
- Where you can, try to avoid following the same routes and routines. If you need to wait for a bus or for someone to pick you up. Try and get someone to wait with you or wait in a well-lit area.
- Download personal safety apps. There are phone applications available which allows friends and family to track your movements. There are also SOS apps where you can easily send an immediate message to selected contacts or emergency services in the event of an incident.
- Keep your valuables hidden and avoid having your phone in your hand to discourage an opportunist attack.
- If you are walking or cycling in the dark wear High Vis and reflective clothing and some lights or a head torch to ensure you are viable to others as areas with low lighting can become areas that are prone to accidents.
We hope you found the above helpful. Share them and Stay Safe!