Welcome to part 3 of the school leaver series.
Have you thought about an apprenticeship?
Today we have a look at the 9 reasons why it is good to choose an apprenticeship?
- Industry specific – This ensures you learn the right skills and gain the experience you need within your chosen sector
- Earn whilst you learn – Apprenticeships allow you to earn a wage whilst studying, currently £5.28 an hour minimum.
- Professional qualification – An apprenticeship is nationally recognised and also allows you to develop contacts within your industry.
- Cost – Or lack of, as there are no tuition fees for you to pay!
- Practical work experience – Often something candidates lack when applying for jobs. If you do not stay within your business after your apprenticeship, you’ll have valuable experience within your chosen sector to put on your CV.
- Expert advice – From both your employer and your KEITS training consultant you be given advice on career progression and the next steps.
- Become an asset – You will become an asset to your team and your employer. Most of our apprentices are offered a full-time job on completion of their apprenticeship!
- Debt – Or again, lack of.. in fact, you’ll have none from your course!
- Networking – You will get the opportunity to connect with others, within your business and the industry, who knows where the future will take you!
Apprenticeships are now offered in most sectors, you would be surprised. Search all the apprenticeship standards available now by clicking here.
Look out for Part 4 in our school leaver series next week.