KEITS Courses & Apprenticeships
KEITS provide expert support to assess
your staff within your workplace,
allowing employers to observe and
take part in the assessments.
24+ Advanced Learning Loans
If you’re 24 and older, you can now
apply for a new Advanced Learning
Loan to help with the cost of your
course at KEITS.
Traineeships are an ideal opportunity for young people who are motivated to get a job but who lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
Employers agree that recruiting young people brings significant benefits to any business, but according to UKCES, just 24% of employers have recruited young people directly from education in the past 2-3 years.
Young people are amongst the most disadvantaged groups in the labour market. Traineeships are a new government initiative designed to give young job seekers a way to access the skills they need to move into an Apprenticeships or full employment.
We know that employers find it difficult to assess young people who have limited work experience and young people find it difficult to ‘market’ themselves to employers.
Here at KEITS we have designed a programme of Traineeships that will give businesses the opportunity to build a pool of high quality talent by:
- Building a low cost, talent pipeline that can target sector and local labour market needs
- Bringing in new skills, fresh ideas and a different perspective
- Keeping recruitment costs down, with maximum benefits for your business
- Giving your current employees the chance to develop expertise in the skill development, mentoring and coaching of young people
And will help Trainees by:
- Meaningful work experience that provide trainees with insight and experience of the world of work
- Work preparation training which ensures trainees have the skills and confidence needed for an Apprenticeship or any other type of employment
- Maths and English support to improve their literacy and numeracy
- Using the work experience you provide to focus on areas like CV writing, interview preparation, job search and inter-personal skills
All we need are employers to offer meaningful and relevant experience to a Trainee and we will develop the experience into a stepping stone to future aspirations.
Traineeships are an ‘education and training programme’ and are UNPAID, though employers may support trainees with expenses such as transport and meals. They may also be eligible to access other financial support, depending on your circumstances.
If you are interested in taking on a Trainee, please call and we can arrange an introduction to the scheme, please call - Christine Sharman 0208 327 3800, mobile 07891 860 571 or e-mail at email@example.com.